Re: [squid-users] squid behind a socks firewall

From: Antonio Paulo Salgado Forster <aforster@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 13:57:19 -0300

I've seen in the archives ppl saying about linking squid at compilation
time to the socks library, but I've also searched the FAQ and other
resources but I coundnt find anything?

How can I do that?

Thanks!

Forster

Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>@hem.passagen.se on 25/05/2001
14:20:46

Please respond to Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>

Sent by: hno@hem.passagen.se

To: Antonio Paulo Salgado Forster/Brazil/IBM@IBMBR
cc: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: [squid-users] squid behind a socks firewall

Some people have reported success socksifying Squid using runsocks from
the NEC reference SOCKS implementation.

I cannot say I have tried, or had reason to.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker