[squid-users] OpenBSD 2.8

From: <ibnuabdullah@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 23:12:10 +0800 (PDT)

I got 2 questions

1- According to SQUID FAQ, squid can run as proxy only with 'null' storage
module.

With Squid-2.4 and later you can use the ``null'' storage module:

        cache_dir null -1 1000

Unfortunately, I get this message after restart the squid daemon.

# squid -k reconfigure
FATAL: Unknown cache_dir type 'null'

Squid Cache (Version 2.4.STABLE1): Terminated abnormally.

2. My client (using netscape) will complain about " The document contained
no data" if I try to browse via a domain name. If I point it using IP number,
 my client can retrieve the data.

I configured my squid with standard configuration only
./configure
make
make install

I did make comparison using RH 7.1 using the same settings, it works fine.
Can someone point me any clue on how to solve it.
Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com

IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.