Re: [squid-users] having redundancy within squid

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 13:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

we do it in the proxy autoconfig/wpad.dat file. that way the clients can
transparently fail over on their own...

On Thu, 31 May 2001, Zand, Nooshin wrote:

> Hi,
> I want to know how can I implement redundancy within squid.
> When ISP or outer router is done, we change squid.conf to go via another
> direction by utilizing "cache_peer parent proxy-name" parameter.
> Is it any parameter in squid that does the same job, however, it does it
> when URL is not reachable via normal/direct connection.
> By doing this, there is no need to monitor ISP, outer router, and to change
> squid.conf.
>
> Thanks,
> Nooshin Zand

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.