Re: [squid-users] Deleting an item in cache

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 08:44:41 +0200

Correct. The hash provides a fixed key length, wastly simplifying
indexing of the cache.

If two objects should happen to hash to the same hash value then only
the last of the two will be cached. Squid also assumes there might be
hash collisions, and on cache hits it performs a full check that the
cached URL matches the requested one.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker, MARA Systems