[squid-users] broken URLs

From: John C. Gale <John_Gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 11:02:07 -0400

I do read manuals, so direct me there if necessary. I did research
this problem first BTW.

The problem synopsis:
malformed URLs from doubleclick prevent a page from loading

--A broken URL example:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/adj/N2672.salon/B38195.4;abr=!ie;sz=468x60;or
d=2001.06.01.14.01.25?

(if my/your mailer is wrapping it, there are 2 spaces between the "or"
and the "d=")

--squid log:
152.13.144.204 NONE/400 1535 GET error:missing-http-ident - NONE/- -

I figured this would be fixed by the uri_whitespace function and
modified my squid.conf accordingly and restarted squid. I've now
tried all the options (allow, encode, chop) and it doesn't seem to
solve the problem.

The error message in the logs does not suggest a whitespace problem,
which seems weird. So, perhaps there is more involved.

Does squid require any options at compile time to support the
uri_whitespace function?

The machine I'm testing on is Linux 2.2.12, squid Version 2.2.STABLE4.

TIA,

- John

--
If someone says he will do something "without fail", he won't.