Re: [squid-users] squid 2.4 stable 1

From: Lim Seng Chor <Lim.Seng.Chor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 12:47:49 +0800

I don't think I am the right person to answer this.
but squid initially was developed on digital unix ...
choose the platform which u feel comfortable with, and ask to the
list see whether anyone using the same platform u are going to
choose. but dont choose winnt. i didnt hear any good comments
from this list so far.
few things u need to take care also:
the os memory management
disk i/o management

I installed squid on my freebsd 4.3, it is running quite good for
supporting over 200 clients. but it still need more tuning.

good luck.