[squid-users] How to confure one proxy server can access the cache of another proxy server

From: Leon Jiang <leon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 22:00:40 +0800

In my Intranet, there are two proxy servers (proxyserver1 and proxyserver2,
and both inside of firewall) and two firewalls (firewall1 and firewall2) to
Internet. The proxy1 can reach Internet via firewall1, and the proxy2 can
reach Internet via firewall2. I am using Squid 2.3.STABLE4 on RedHat Linux
7.0.

I want the proxy to meet my requirements:
First, the proxyserver1 must retrieve Internet material (for user's request)
through firewall1. Then, the proxyserver1 can also retrieve Internet
material (for user's request) from the cache of proxyserver2 (in the same
network) when network connection between firewall1 and ISP crashes. I mean
that when the proxyserver1 retrieve Internet material (for user's request),
primarily through firewall1, secondarily, through the cache of the
proxyserver2 if failed through firwall1, and require the action automatic.
How to meet my need? How to change the squid configuration on two proxy
server? Please kindly help on it if any of you know. Thanks a lot.

Regards
Leon