RE: [squid-users] [NTLM Authentication] use of external NT databa se

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 09:10:49 +0200

It is possible, but such a module hasn't been written yet.
You can use some nthash-storage such as the smbpasswd file, or
a database of plaintext passwords.
It will be added as soon as the framework is stable enough for
Robert and I to consider moving beyond debugging.

> 2) Proxy chaining
>
> About chaining proxy, it is said in FAQ, that
> "Only one proxy cahce in a chain is allowed to "use"
> proxy-authentication
> request header. Once the header is used, it must not be
> passed on other
> proxies."
>

> Client --------> Proxy Squid A ----------> Proxy Squid B ------->
> Internet
>
> So it means that Client cannot authenticate to both Proxy A
> and Proxy B.

Correct.

> But, is it possible to have client authenticate to Proxy A,
> and proxy A
> authenticate to Proxy B ?
> If yes, how must I configure Proxy A ?
> (it should be possible after RFC 2616)

Sure, and in fact it can be done. But only using ONE user.
Username propagation has been considered but not yet implemented.

--
	/kinkie