Re: [squid-users] Selective Logging

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 11:57:33 -0500

Simon Allenby wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any way to tell Squid to _not_ log cetain URLs in the access.log?
>
> I have a large corporate network accessing the web through Squid, but I
> am really only interested in what the clients are accessing on the web
> itself, and not the large number of intranet accesses. I want to use the
> cache for the intranet, especially for clients that are on remote
> network segments, but the log files are growing at a ridiculous rate.
>
> Does anybody know how I can exclude URLs from being logged with ACLs or
> any other method?

Shouldn't be too difficult to make a simple perl script to pull out only
external requests. As far as I know, without attacking the Squid code,
you won't be able to use ACLs for logging decisions. A perl script
would be a lot easier, and work just fine.
                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances