[squid-users] transparent proxy and ldap_auth

From: <cjmsquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:09:42 -0400

We are using Squid 2.3.STABLE3-ldap_auth (with the patch from
http://www.fatgut.org/squid/group_ldap_auth).

In the squid.conf it give us this warning :

" WARNING: ldap_auth can't be used in a transparent proxy.
It collides with any authentication done by origin servers.
It may seem like it works at first, but it doesn't. "

I would like to have I bit more on why it does not work.

Also, is there's a way to get it working ?

We are ready to work on it (patch) if it's necessary.

Thank for your input,

Louis-Steve Desjardins
Les Centres jeunesse de Montréal