Re: [squid-users] canonical url encoding and myfamily.com

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 02:15:39 +0200

Jeff Sapp wrote:

> Does squid encode these characters? If so, can the enconding be turned off?
> Is encoding these characters part of the proxy's job?

It is not supposed to, and to my knowledge Squid does not. But some
browsers do.

Whitespace characters may be encoded by Squid if configured to do so
(whitespace is not at all legal for use within URL's, messing up the
HTTP protocol if they are). See uri_whitespace.

> Does anyone know if any other proxy servers do this?

Some probably do, especially if built with a HTTP server as it's basis.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker