Re: [squid-users] creating directories via FTP proxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2001 22:45:45 +0200

Primikov Alexei wrote:

> Dear Squd users!
>
> My users are using FTP via Squid and I have a problem that
> users can't create directory on FTP server.
> So maybe there is a special method to add squid.conf?

HTTP does not define a method for creating directories.

Squid creates directories as required when a file is PUT there, so if
you PUT ftp://some.server/path/to/newdir/file then Squid will make sure
the path path/to/newdir exists on the FTP server, creating directories
as needed.

Deletetion of FTP objects via Squid is not yet implemented. HTTP defines
a method for DELETE so this is mostly a matter of implementing, and
getting support in clients.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker