Re: [squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] Réf. : Re: [squid-users] transparent proxy and ldap_auth

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 22:41:18 -0500

What other ports? Squid only supports HTTP clients...which are going to
be on port 80 (and 443 for SSL, and 8080 in somewhat rare cases).
Blocking all of those and requiring proxy configuration would work.
Blocking port 80 would keep users from actually being able to do much
browsing, because almost every site is predominantly on port 80 and will
not answer anywhere else (except for secure connections).

If you really need a gateway machine that allows no traffic without
proxying, you're going to have to get more proxy software to support
whatever other protocols you want supported, and block all outgoing ports.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
                  Affordable Web Caching Proxy Appliances