[squid-users] Re: squid-users Digest 8 Jun 2001 00:43:19 -0000 Issue 135

From: John C. Gale <John_Gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:12:37 -0400

> I wonder if it's possible to set up a BSD box with squid and have everyone
> in my facility be required to proxy through this box for their web use but
> yet, not have to go around and edit MSIE to proxy through this server?

We do it in the router (Cisco 6509).

create a policy route map
create an ip access list
apply the route map to the vlan

Absolutely no user intervention required. The proxy has to do transparent
proxying though.

- John

--
Three great scientific theories of the structure of the universe are the
molecular, the corpuscular and the atomic.  A fourth affirms, with