Re: [squid-users] icp_hits not giving http requests

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 08:41:59 +0200

access.log is accurate, but it won't tell you if a client received ICP
HIT messages but selected to ignore them because of timeout or other
issues.

If your parent reports many ICP hits but, your childs icp statistics
indicates it has received most of them, but still the parent is not used
then the most likely cause is ICP timeout.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker