[squid-users] SMB_AUTH & pass through authentication

From: Mike Diggins <diggins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:39:13 -0400 (EDT)

Having some trouble getting pass-through authentication working with
smb_auth. I have my proxyauth file on an NT PDC in domain CISNET. I have
user accounts in another domain named AP1. Based on the information I
found at the smb_auth website I run the following command:

        smb_auth -W ap1 -P cisnet -W domain2 -d
which gives:

Proxy<squid/bin>> smb_auth -W ap1 -P cisnet -W domain2 -d
test test
Domain name: ap1
Pass-through authentication: yes: cisnet
Query address options:
Domain controller IP address: 1.1.128.2
Domain controller NETBIOS name:
ERR

If I try this command:

        smb_auth -W cisnet -P ap1 -W ap1 -d

I get:

test test
Domain name: cisnet
Pass-through authentication: yes: ap1
Query address options:
Domain controller IP address: 1.1.128.6
Domain controller NETBIOS name: AS3
Contents of //AS3/NETLOGON/proxyauth:
ERR

I know my trust relationship between ap1 and cisnet is working because we
use the same setup for another purpose. I also know that the cisnet domain
authenticates local accounts fine. I assume my command line is incorrect.
Can anyone suggest a solution?

-Mike