[squid-users] authenticate_ttl warning

From: Mads Rasmussen <mads@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:14:30 -0300

Thanks for the help on understanding the msntauth program!!

Now another oddity is strugling me, I would like to configure the
authenticator to cache the user/passwd only for a specific amount of time. So
that if a user leaves his machine on for lunch he would have to authenticate
again when returning.
I want to be sure that the guy authenticated is the guy using the proxy.

What is recommended for the authenticate_ttl tag?

When I try to specify a value it gives me a warning.

WARNING: No units on 'authenticate_ttl 3600', assuming 3600.000000 second

Even though the new manual on http://squid.visolve.com for 2.4st1 tells that
the syntax is exacly that

Default authenticate_ttl 3600

Is this a bug? it not how do you specify correctly to awoid the warning

I guess that I will comment out the tag for now and assume that the 3600
value is good enough.

Regards,

Mads