[squid-users] Transparent Proxy slower than manual proxy

From: Travis Rayhons <Trayhons@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 14:23:44 -0500

I've recently configured SQUID v2.4STABLE1 on RedHat Linux and my local network CISCO router for transparent proxy.
When accessing non-cached web pages, it takes some where between 5 to 10 seconds before the page is displayed on
the browser. However, if I configure the same browser for direct connection to the internet or manual proxy through SQUID,
non-cached web pages take less than 1 second (almost instantaneously) to display on the browser. Cached web pages are
displayed instantaneously on the browser in all situations.

If more information is needed, I am willing to provide it.

--
Travis Rayhons
Dordt College                                            712-722-6299