Re: [squid-users] 0.0.0.0 Proxying?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 23:10:42 +0200

For a start it violates the definition of a IP in basic TCP/IP
standards.

Second, because of this, it also works bad together with many aspects of
TCP/IP where TCP/IP (and IP in general) assumes that the communication
is following TCP/IP specifications...

Despite this, it works OK for most people, but not all.

Areas of conflict:
* IP and fragmented packets
* ICMP traffic related to TCP/IP
* Certain TCP/IP extensions/options

Also, the sad truth is that if the hack of transparent redirection of
TCP/IP traffic hadn't been invented we most likely would have had good
support for proxy discovery in all browsers since several years back..

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker