Re: [squid-users] game server

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:14:38 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Kareem Mahgoub wrote:

> Check in the tag "allow-direct" with the proper acl statement

Not useful. The tags in squid.conf only affect how squid behaves. They
have no affect on the browser.

For transparency to work, something is grabbing packets destined for
somewhere, port 80 and feeding them into squid. It could be a router
using WCCp, it could be a director, it could be packet filters on the
squid box. Whatever it is, that's what (as Martin said) needs to be
changed. You must stop those packets getting diverted to squid. They must
be allowed to go straight to the server.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster