[squid-users] Disconnections

From: Charanbeer <charanbeer.s@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 15:28:59 +0530

Hi

I am new to squid using Squid 2.4 on Red Hat 6.1. I am suffering with a
strange problem since the time I have started using it. While browsing
sites, clients have to refresh a webpage twice or thrice or sometimes more
to be able to download the page. This practice doesnt happen always but 70%
of the time.

Worst thing is that sometimes clients have to keep on trying for as long as
15-20 minutes before they can see the webpage and this happens at least 6-7
times a day. This does not happen with all of them at one time. If the
client restarts his machine, the problem is rectified immediately.

I am using the same machine as gateway for the clients too. It is a PIII
machine with 128Megs of RAM and 10gigs of hard drive. There are 25 machines
accessing the internet through this machine.

I've tried changing the network cards/cables of squid machine but still
unable to get any clue as to why is it happening. Any guidance suggestion is
most welcome.

Thanks in advance
Charanbeer.