Re: [squid-users] swap.state/cache_dir problem

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:23:07 +0200

Krasi Zlatev wrote:

> 1.If I remove swap.state wouldn't I use my cache?

Squid will automatically rebuild swap.state if it is lost.

> 2.Some months ago I removed one of my swap.state and
> took me a month to get back to the same size/around
> 4G/, that is what cachemgr.cgi showed.

Probably you did not let Squid finish the rebuild of swap.state. If
Squid is restarted while swap.state is being rebuilt then the remaining
objects in the cache (i.e. those for which swap.state has not yet been
rebuilt) will be lost.

> 3.If I stay that way/do not remove swap.state/ what
> are the +'s and the -'s?

It is entirely possible the problem will disappear automatically after a
while, but quite likely Squid will remove most of the cache before that,
thinking that there is no space left.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker