[squid-users] need help for caching (just caching !) our Webservers

From: Christoph Boineburg-Lengsfeld <christoph.boineburg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 14:43:39 +0200

HI, first off all I´m a SQUID-Rookie so please be patient with me !

hope someone can help me with my problem. Its the first time for me that I
try to Setup an Squid-Proxy and its not working as I want.
OS-Sys=Linux Debian KV:2.2.17
What I want is an complete SQUIT.conf File wich fits for my System.
I just added the Squid-Machine on the same Switch where my Webservers (25)
are (Loadbalancing via DNS-RoundRobin).
I would like to Cache all the static Stuff on my Websites.

Is it possible, just when the Squid-Machine hangs parallel to the Webservers
to Cache ?
Do I have to change something on my Nameserver ?
How can I control the stuff (pics and so on) what is cached ?

Please, please help me (its very urgent !)

best regards Chris