Re: [squid-users] Error in cache.log : xstrdup : tried to dup a NULL pointer

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 22:16:00 +0200

cjmsquid@mtl.centresjeunesse.qc.ca wrote:

> FATAL : tried to dup a NULL pointer !!

This indicates a bug. Please get a stack trace showing us where the bug
is and a fix should be provided shortly. (see the Squid FAQ for details)

> Total in use : 25707 KB 102%
> Now I don't think that's a good thing but it's always above 100%

Don't worry. It should read 99% but there is a bug in the calculation
most often causing the percentage to be above 100%... Also, it is not a
% of the amount of memory you have, but of the memory the Squid process
has allocated. If it is far below 100% then there is a problem.

> Plus, I see a lot of idnsCheckQueue : Id ..... : giving up after 20 trieds
> and 115.4 sec. , is this normal (as I understand thing it's only the DNS
> that does not answer).

Normal.

--
Henrik Nordstrom