RE: [squid-users] Problem with Configuring squid with Cisco IOS 12.1(6)

From: Prashant Shanbhag <sprashant@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 16:42:46 +0530

Hello Khalid,
I tried to configure the ipchains as mentioned by you but it gives message
"no target by that name".I have also tried to use
rc.firewall script as mentioned in faqs (point 17)but doesnt work .I am
running squid on port 8080 .Accelerator mode is started with proxy on.The
source and destination ip address is the cache engine ip address.When I
point my browser to port 8080 of squid the hits are shown in the
access.log.What could be the problem.

Squid.conf file as below
http_port 8080
cache_mem 256 MB
cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 6500 16 256
cache_access_log /var/log/squid/access.log
cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
http_access allow all
cache_mgr root
cache_effective_user squid