[squid-users] not able to load webpages

From: Van Bossche Koen <Koen.VanBossche@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:11:42 +0300

I have the following problem :
I installed a proxy with redhat linux v6.1 and Squid 2.3Stable1. This is a
local squid, using a parent.
The ip address can access the parent and is resolved by dns. I can access
the cache from the parent for intranet pages, though I cannot access
internet from the local squid. The other local squid servers use the same
parent and work fine (thought some use about the same configuration, but not
all). The problem is however as soon as I request an internet page, the
access file mentions a TCP_DENIED/407 (=proxy authentication required) and a
TCP_MISS/503 (=service unavailable (timeout)).
I use smb_auth to authenticate, this works locally. But in my browser (IE5)
it hangs on it (I then get the first 407 error code), after a timout I get
the 503 error.
It seems to have something to do with the authentication or with routing. I
do not have a clue how to solve this at the moment, except for trying with a
more recent version.

Can anyone give me some advice or comments on this?
Thanks

BR
Koen Van Bossche