[squid-users] Bug #130 - File descriptor leak

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 16:07:26 -0400

I haven't seen any more discussion on this leak. Was it plugged?

I can confirm the leak is very real under squid-2.4S1 w/aufs on Debian 2.2
(stable).

Compile was done with gcc 2.95.2 (no optimization) using
./configure --disable-ident-lookups --disable-unlinkd \
  --enable-delay-pools --with-aio-threads=8 --with-pthreads \
  --enable-storeio='ufs,aufs,diskd'

Over the course of a few days, squid leaked a few hundred leaked FDs. The
files are listed in mgr:filedescriptors and seem to count in store
directory counts, but the files are deleted and apparently unaccessible (I
saw about a dozen copies of the same file).

The bug seems to appear under extremely heavy aufs pressure -- nearly all
of them were leaked along the peak of our traffic graph.

        -- Brian