Re: [squid-users] Specifying exceptions to auth - how?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 02:41:03 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> Standard practice is to declare all the ACL's in one place, and then use
> them later on..

I don't.. I declare my ACL's close to where I use them. Config files get
much easier to read that way.

I also always start by making a minimal config file, removing all the
unnedded documentation. The documentation is best kept in
squid.conf.default, not in your active and maintained config file...

  grep "^[a-z]" squid.conf >squid.conf.new

> The signifcicant there is the order of the two http_access rules - they
> are checked top down.

Agreed.