[squid-users] The Squid Performance

From: dsf sdf <chitteeh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 03:58:05 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All !

I am using squid Version 2.3.STABLE4 and my squid
machine hardware information are as following
P-111
512MB RAM
20GB hard disk
two 18GB Hard disk for cache.
The operating system is 4.2-STABLE FreeBSD.

nearly 700 users are browsing through squid machine
and this machine performance was very good but now a
days it response is not good as compare to previous
and the following status is showing by TOP command.
can any one tell me the meaning of "biord" in state
colum in top command.
I never seen before it but now a days it appears in
top command.

PID USERNAME PRI NICE SIZE RES STATE TIME WCPU CPU
COMMAND
81186 squid -6 0 318M 318M biord 602:20 19.29%
19.29% squid

Kindly sagest me how to improve my squid performace
and what "biord" is appearing in top command.
what is meaning and effect on squid.
I hope you people reply me as soon as posible and I
have a very limited knowledge about squid.

regards,
Mohan