[squid-users] New to Squid, HELP PLEASE.

From: Computer Center. <alepuniv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:47:19 +0300

hi

we have at the university of aleppo just implement a intranet network to
serve the university, and i am planning to use squid as my proxy server.

my configuration of server are :

1 - dns server : dns01.alep.edu, 10.128.16.10
2 - mail server : mail01.alep.edu, 10.128.16.5
3 - ftp server : ftp01.alep.edu, 10.128.16.1
4 - web server: www.alep.edu, 10.128.16.15

we have dial up connection to the intanet connected to the ftp01 with a :
proxy : proxy.net.sy : 3128
so how to setup the squid.conf files so the network user at the university
can get the intranet connection through my squid proxy.

i did try to understand the man squid.conf but i did not and at the
university i did not find any book's related to linux , this is the first
time implemented in the university in Syria.

so any one can help me configure the squid to :
1 -dial up the connection .
2 - accept connection from local user using port 8085.

Note : the web server is local only to the university.