[squid-users] Fake_Auth working... sort of...

From: Timothy Findlay <Timothy.Findlay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:59:53 +1000

Hi,

I have Squid 2.5.DEVEL up and running, I am using the fake_auth module as I
didn't really need to authenticate them off the PDC, we only really wanted
usernames for logging purposes.

This works great, accept it doesn't work for some websites, particularly
ones that I need to login to, yet some like Hotmail are ok. When I attempt
to visit a site that requires a login (the ones that bring up a login box)
squid dies and in the messages file I get:

Jun 25 16:06:45 atgproxy1 squid[8184]: authenticateNTLMFixErrorHeader: state
4.

I think I recall someone saying I cant have auth enabled and support such
websites at the same time, is that true ?? what can I do to get it working
?? my squid.conf looks like..

auth_param ntlm program /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid/fakeauth_auth
auth_param ntlm children 5
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_reuses 0
auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

acl ntmlac proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow ntmlac
http_access deny all

Any suggestions welcome.....

Thanks in advance,
Tim.

information intended only for the use of the addressee named
above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution
or reproduction of this message is prohibited. If you have
received this message in error please delete it and notify
Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily
reflect the views of Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd.

Although antivirus software is used to scan mail messages
Austrim Textiles Pty Ltd excludes all liability for viruses
or similar in any outbound mail message.