Re: [squid-users] How use squid to be a ftp proxy?

From: Martin A. Brooks <martin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:08:18 +0100

At 14:32 25/06/01 +0200, Riccardo Gentilucci wrote:
>Hello everybody, i want to understand if i can use squid as a ftp proxy.

The answer is "kinda".

Squid can act as a proxy for HTTP request for FTP resources. So, for
example, someone typing ftp://ftp.squid-cache.org into their browser window
would get what they expect.

Few, if any, regular FTP clients, like Cute FTP and Leech FTP, can use
Squid as an FTP proxy as they do not make proxy requests in a format that
Squid can interpret.

This is a eminently solvable issue but I've yet to see an FTP client that
can support a HTTP proxy directly. I'm sure there is one somewhere, though.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks
You're just jealous because the little voices are talking to /me/.