[squid-users] help needed

From: K.Deepak <kdeepak@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 16:31:24 +0530

Dear All

                I have successfully configured squid-2.2.STABLE5-13 (
with Henrik Patches ) on RedHat 6.2 machine with authentication. Meaning
if someone wants to browse the internet thru squid, it asks for a
passowrd for which i am using ncsa authentication.

I would like to know the following in this scenario

a) can i remove the password authetication for local machines and the
squid should ask password only if a external site is accessed. please
let me know how to do that

b) Can i set a option in the squid somewhere by which if the browser is
not inactive for 5 minutes, and then if someone accesses internet, it
should ask for password again.

c) is there a way or is there any graphical tool available to change the
password remotely.

Apart from this i have the following doubts also

a) how to block exe downloads via squid.

b) how to block the access to a particular site.

Since i a newbie , it would be good if someone tells gives a step by
step explnation

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Thanks
K.Deepak