[squid-users] storeGetMemSpace ?

From: <Sadhna.Ahuja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:54:13 -0500

Hi,
        I am trying to understand how the memory replacement in the routine
storeGetMemSpace() works. I have set cache_mem to a low value so that
store_pages_max is 12. Also, I have forced that each StoreEntry be locked
(to test what happens in this case). I see the following debug statements:

storeGetMemSpace: store_pages_max = 12, memInUse = 17
storeGetMemSpace: Starting, need 1 pages
storeGetMemSpace stats:
        0 HOT objects
        0 were released

After this, Squid continues as usual without complaining that none of the
objects were released. How can this happen - store_pages_max is 12, it was
already using 17 and now it somehow finds another page?

Thanks,
Sadhna.