Re: [squid-users] Object pipelining in Squid

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 08:17:09 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Mike Kiernan wrote:

> following on from Ronald's question (I didn't see any answers) -
> does anyone have any doc's, links etc or any basic comparisons of
> cacheflow's and squid ?

AFAIK, CacheFlow has been against decent-quality public evaluations of
their products since November 1999. While I respect their right to
choose a marketing model, their position makes it easy to claim pretty
much anything.

I suspect that enabling pipelining will break many servers so I would
not recommend it without careful investigation and trials. Pipelining
in some popular clients is known to be broken. In the past, IIRC,
Squid supported request pipelining. However, all I can recall is
reports that it breaks things (inside and outside of Squid). I do not
know what the current situation is.

Alex.