Re: [squid-users] Access Denied because of a "porno list"

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 11:33:52 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Rost, Werner wrote:

> If a user wish to connect to a "porno site" which is refused because of my
> porno-list (acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/porno.txt") he gets the
> message:
>
> The following error was encountered:
> * Access Denied.
> Access control configuration prevents your request from
> being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel
> this is incorrect.
> Your cache administrator is webmaster <mailto:webmaster>.
>
> Generated Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:33:23 GMT by goas03 (Squid/2.3.STABLE4)
>

> It would be nice if I could define an own message which will be shown to the
> user;
> maybe "Do not look at such stuff ..."

I wrote a FAQ entry for you:

  10.24. I want to customize, or make my own error messages.

  You can customize the existing error messages as described
  ``Customizable Error Messages''. You can also create new error
  messages and use these in conjunction with the deny_info option.

  For example, lets say you want your users to see a special message
  when they request something that matches your pornography list.
  First, create a file named ERR_NO_PORNO in the
  /usr/local/squid/etc/errors directory. That file might contain
  something like this:

  Our company policy is to deny requests to known porno sites. If you
  feel you've received this message in error, please contact
  the support staff (support@this.company.com, 555-1234).

  Next, set up your access controls as follows:

  acl porn url_regex "/usr/local/squid/etc/porno.txt"
  deny_info ERR_NO_PORNO porn
  http_access deny porn
  (additional http_access lines ...)