Re: [squid-users] NTML Authentication

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 21:49:15 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@hem.passagen.se>
To: "Andy Miller" <Andy.Miller@insight.co.uk>
Cc: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2001 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [squid-users] NTML Authentication

> Andy Miller wrote:
>
> > 1. Does NTLM come as part of squid-2.4 (have read archived release
from
> > Robert Collins indicating that it might be included in the 2.4 release.
>
> No. Only in terms of a NTLM helper for Basic authentication using a NT
> server as backend password database.

Just for clarity and the archives:
There was talk at one point - Henrik suggested that early adopters would
prefer a patch to 2.4 rather than having to go with 2.5Devel. There was
never any intention to provide NTLM as part of 2.4 Stable. Unfortunatly I've
never had to time to backport the rather extensive changes needed for NTLM
to 2.4, so there is no patch set.

Rob