Re: [squid-users] Max_Swap_Size

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 03:11:45 -0400

Max swap size is the sum of the space allocated in your cache_dir lines.
If writes are failing, but you still have free space, use 'df -i' to see
if you're out of inodes.

I may be wrong on this but, if that 34 GB of cache space is all in one
cache_dir, you may be out of file ids. If you used the defaults of 16 1st
level directories and 256 2nd level directories (each of which can hold
256 objects), you would run out of ids at 1 million objects. With an
average object of 13k, you would fall well short of 34 GB.

        -- Brian