Re: [squid-users] reinstalling from backup

From: Joel Jaeggli <joelja@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 17:36:52 -0700 (PDT)

you can...

when you restart squid it will come up dirty and have to rebuild...
I generally don't consider my cache data important enough to worry about
that... requests against the proxy server will crepopulate the contents of
the cache did in no-time at all in most cases...

joelja

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Stuart Clark wrote:

> Hi,
> Oh No!!
> One of my staff have just deleted my whole cache_dir.
> Lucky cause i got a copy of it on tape from about one week ago.
> Can i just re-install this directory from backup?
> -------------------------------------
> Stuart G. Clark
> Manager,
> Spacelink Communications Pty. Ltd.
> http://www.spacelink.com.au
> +61 03 9 888 9874

Joel Jaeggli				       joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Academic User Services			     consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.