[squid-users] problem with authentication with Microsoft Proxy (i guess)

From: Mónica Pinheiro <MPinheiro@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:58:28 +0100

Hi!

I've been facing a problem that i don't know how to solve.
Context: I have a linux box running squid to respond to queries for the
local net. Squid has to get through a Microsoft Proxy (MSP) that requires
authentication.

cache_peer xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx parent 80 7 no-query
login=domains\username:password

The MSP suports basic auth and it seems to work fine, but, somehow or it
can't reply the pages or squid doesn't recognize some headers and that
results in a loop between the squid and the msp (i think).
I tried to use this same configuration with another MSP without auth and it
worked fine.
Since MSP doesn't support single users. I have to use the sintax:
DOMAIN\USERNAME:PASSWORD.
I'd really be gratefull if someone has any idea of what's the problem and
how to solve it.
Thank in advance,

Monica M Pinheiro [ mpinheiro@mail.deloitte.pt ]
Consultant @ Deloitte & Touche