[squid-users] DansGuardian

From: n6tadam <n6tadam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 10:34:14 +0100

Dear List,

Has anyone ever used/heard of DansGuardian. It is a program that works in
conjunction with squid and SquidGuard, and filters webpages based on
content.

I am having a few problems though. The usernames are not being passed from
DansGuardian to squid, and so, in the logs, I am being returned as user "-".
I have e-mailed the DansGuardian mailing-list, and he suggests turning on:

httpd_emulate_log on

I have not done so yet. Do I need to???

Incase you are wondering, authentication is done via the identd server
running on win9x

Any thoughts are welcome.
Regards,

Thomas Adam

Please note that the content of this message is confidential between the original sender and the intended recipient(s) of the message. If you are not an intended recipient and/or have received this message in error, kindly disregard the content of the message and return it to the original sender.

If you have any complaints about this message please reply to:
       office@purbeck.dorset.sch.uk

The Purbeck School E-Mail server running:
       users.purbeck.dorset.sch.uk