[squid-users] Re: how to determine what ./configure options were used?

From: Mike Kiernan <mkiernan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 13:42:38 +0200

Thanks Tony and Colin -

strings squid | grep -i delay does indeed show up the relevant symbols on a
--enable-delay-pools binary.

the config.status of the original compilation confirmed the current
installation was not
compiled with --enable-delay-pools, so I'll have to rebuild.

Now; I take it I can just test my new binary by:
a) stop current squid instance
b) fire delaypools binary up pointing to the new delaypools squid.conf file
c) if it goes pear-shaped, just kill and cut the other one back in

What impact do 'users' generally see on stop/starts - is there a service
interrupt
 or do they just timeout?

not that I'm nervous about it (~quiver~)!

cheers,
Mike