[squid-users] Squirm? Was: Accelerator with authentication user changed?

From: Henk-Jan Kloosterman <proxy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 18:43:41 +0200

> I finaly found some time to set this up, but still have some questions:
>
> On the internet outlook.company.com points to my squid server.
> On my intranet outlook.company.net points to my (intranet) web server.
>
> squid.conf
> http_port 80
> httpd_accel_host outlook.company.net
> ------
> This works allright.
> ------
> Next step is to make the login to the outlook.company.net server
> automatically
> (I have created ,lets say, a postmaster with password passmaster for this)
>
> If I enter from the internet:
> http://postmaster:passmaster@outlook.company.com/ I can see that I am
> authenticated.
>
> So I followed you advise and added in squid.conf
>
> squid.conf
> cache_peer outlook.company.net sibling 80 7
login=postmaster:passmaster
> cache_peer_domain outlook.company.net outlook.company.net
> --------
> This does not work :-(
> --------
> I also tried to enter:
>
> squid.conf
> cache_peer IP sibling 80 7 login=postmaster:passmaster
> cache_peer_domain IP outlook.company.net
> ------
> Does not work either :-(
> ------
>
> What am I doing wrong?

In order to do futher testing I now installed the "squirm" redirector.

In the squirm.patterns I entered:

regex http://outlook\.company\.net/(.*)
http://postmaster:passmaster@outlook.company.net/\1

--------
1. Is this pattern correct? Because it does not seem to function
2. How can I make it possible for "everybody" to use the squirm redirector?
(and not limit it to a cless C adress)