Re: [squid-users] % of improvement in async I/O

From: Naeem <rhlinux71@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 16:21:55 +0500

I have tried to compile my Squid 2.4s1 on RH 6.2 with async-io enabled
keeping everything default (e.g. libc, gcc etc) but after not more than five
minutes i got 'Recieved Segmentation Fault dying' in my cache.log and Squid
got crashed. I don't think that the 'libc' that comes with RH 6.2 can
perform better.

> There async-io / aufs should make Suqid behave better, unless you are
> running on a very small CPU (less than pentium 133).
>
> The libc of RH 6.2 is fine.
>
> --
> Henrik Nordstrom
> Squid hacker
>
> Ronald wrote:
> >
> > Thanks henrik...
> >
> > Whether this performance is depends on OS. If so what about redhat
Linux6.2