[squid-users] Configuring the TTL for Cacheobjects

From: Hrvoje Husic <husic@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 14:13:07 +0200

I have a Squid-Proxy, running on a Linux-Box with lots of diskspace
dedicated to the squid.

Sonce a lot of sites do not generate Expires-Headers of any kind, I
want the cache to be filled up with objects for a long time, as the
space is otherwise just unused.

Is there a posibillity, where i can configure something like a default
TTL for cacheobjects (by mimetype or something)? When I have a look at
rfc.org there are a lot of pages, which probably will never change, so
the cachetime could easily be configured to a few months or so. At
most I'd like images to be cached for a much longer period.

Any adons for Squid to achive this? I've found nothing in the
configfile according this.

--
Hrvoje Husic <husic@netcologne.de>