Re: [squid-users] Installation problem

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 11:34:04 +0200

At 11:17 AM 7/6/01 +0200, Marc Elsen wrote:

> >/configure works fine but when I issue 'make' I receive the error
> message 'bash: >make: command not found'

You have to make sure that your path is correct (and that you actually have
make and a C compiler installed)

If you get a reply from 'which make' you are in the right direction. You
might also want to consider brushing up you your Unix basics.

> >My friend told me that if I have makefile file then I have to do
> >perl makefile

He works to much with Perl. No need (actually that will not work)

> >and then issue 'make install'
> >When I isuue 'perl makefile' I receive the following error message:
> >'Syntax error at makefile line 4, near "=."
> >Bareword found where operator expected at makefile line 7, near "/usr/bin"
> >(Missing operator before bin?)
> >Semicolon seems to be missing at makefile line number 8
> >Unrecognized file test: -m at makefile line 9
>
> >Do you have any idea what did I do wrong?
>
> You have a file called "INSTALL" in the top directory of your
>distribution.
> Can it be more clear ?
> Your friend should have a look at it too.
>
> Marc.
>

>--
>
> 'Love is truth without any future.
> (M.E. 1997)

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communications Systems Division, A-Branch
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int (PGP capable)

Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm