[squid-users] Newbie squid questions

From: Eliyah Lovkoff <elovkoff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 15:50:11 -0500

Just installed squid 2.4 and have a couple of questions:
1.
In the squid FAQ they say: "First, you must create the swap directories. Do this by running Squid with the -z option:
% /usr/local/squid/bin/squid -z"
I'm not familiar with that terminology - what is 'swap directories'?Directories for caching?

2.
I took a brief look at the squid.conf file - it looks like all tags are commented out and I should uncomment specific ones to reflect the desired configuration....can anyone send me some sample configuration ?

3.
I don't want to do caching with squid - I only want to proxy http requests.
Is it possible to turn caching off?

Thanks.