Re: [squid-users] Not caching?

From: Brian <hiryuu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 16:25:57 -0400

On Sunday 08 July 2001 04:07 pm, Duncan wrote:
> Oh right.. shame, the likes of wingate cache it perfectly
> It seems that very few pages are totally cacheable with squid, since not
> many pages are static.

Squid is designed more for medium and large scale operations and values
accuracy over performance, when necessary. Wingate, targetted more toward
home and very small business, has no such concerns.

> refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
> refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
> refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320
> refresh_pattern ^http: 10000 25% 10080
>
> I have no idea if the refresh_pattern for ^http is correct or not.

The '.' pattern matches anything, so squid never gets to the http line.
If you're using 2.4s1, did you apply all of the patches?

        -- Brian