Re: [squid-users] Squid Redirection

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 20:45:39 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: <laurence@gazelle.net>
To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2001 7:37 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Squid Redirection

> I would like to redirect Squid to another proxy running on the same
machine
> (n.b. not another cache), however tcp_outgoing_address doesn't seem to
like
> the port number after the IP address (127.0.0.1:(PortNo)). Is there a way
> can do this?

tcp_outgoing_address specifies the address that squid makes its connections
_from_, not where they are made _to_.
You want to setup a parent cache with the address of your other proxy (ie
127.0.0.1:3129), and then use the never_direct config option to ensure that
all requests goto your parent.

> I was thinking of binding the other proxy to a different IP address on the
> same machine, but i'll still have to specify a port for it to listen to,
> otherwise it'll default to port 8000 anyway...
> I'm stumped!

Hope this helps,
Rob