Re: [squid-users] problem wiht install

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:46:17 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, e wrote:

> Hi Colin,
>
> the attchmnt is output from "make install".
> I cann't see any errors. It created empty directory in right place.
>
> any ideas why?

All I can suggest is that "/usr/ud51/bin/install" isn't doing the right
thing. Is it a SYSV-compatible "install" or a BSD-compatible "install". If
it's the former it won't work. You can tell by looking at the switches
used in the output and checking the man page for /usr/ud51/bin/install.

I suspect you have a SYSV install but it's being called with BSD syntax.
If you are on Solaris, try /usr/ucb/install.

Colin